Friday, March 12, 2010

Bloom Where You're Planted...Inspired by Monique Griffith

Good evening everyone!! Great news today!! After a long year in college, I got a letter today telling me I have been accepted into the nursing program!! I am so happy that a year's worth of hard work has paid off!!

It has been a couple days since I posted, but I have been a busy little bee. Tonight I am going to share with you the layout I created, Bloom Where You're Planted, which was inspired by Monique Griffith's layout Flower Power. You can see her design HERE.



I followed a lot of Monique's design almost to a T. What is called "scraplifting". But since she used the Paisley cartridge and I don't have that one, I changed some things to make it my own. I am not gonna put up a lot of specific details for how this was made, but I will say it took some time and I learned a lot from Monique. She has some really great designs and this was a lot of fun to recreate.


I cut my title from the Wild Card cartridge twice and offset it for shadow.


I cut out some of the characters from an extra sheet of the paper and used some of the rubons that came with the set.

I cut out the butterfly with the blackout from the Tear Drop cartridge along with the shadow. I only glued down the center of the butterfly so some of the white blackout would show.

I loved the way these photo mats looked. I can't wait to get some pictures on this layout!!

Hope you all like this one! It was a lot of fun to make and I really love the way it turned out!! Be back soon with some more great designs!!

Have a great night!! Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments on my designs!!! I read each and every one and it is so nice to have all those comments to read!