Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thanks a Melon card....Inspired by Joy

Evening all!! I have been sitting here being crafty for a couple hours now and thought I would post some pics of the card I just made. Today on Everyday Cricut, Joy made a card titled Thanks a Melon. I recently got the Doodlecharms cartridge for my Cricut and since it has a watermelon on it, I decided I would use her card for some inspiration. To see hers click HERE.

For my card, I cut the watermelon at 2 1/4". All the paper I used today was from Martha Stewart's Playful Pink collection which can be purchased at Wal-Mart. I really like the weight of this paper and the way it cuts, but it is on the pricier side.

 

  

I cut the scalloped square from my Designer's Calendar cartridge at 2 3/4" and then inked all the edges with a matching green ink from Studio G. Then I jazzed up the melon with some Lime Green Stickles to give my card some shine along with adding the pink organdy ribbon and bow. 

  

 
Again, this was inspired by Joy over at Everyday Cricut. It made a really cute card that I hope everyone likes! Please leave a comment and click the link on the left to follow me!! 

Have a great night!  Brandi

1 comment:

Please leave comments on my designs!!! I read each and every one and it is so nice to have all those comments to read!