Sunday, February 28, 2010

Christmas Gifts 2009

Yes, I do realize that tomorrow is March 1st.

Believe me, I am not trying to extend the season or anything of the sort! Come on SPRING!!!! I am dying to see some green grass and have the temps hold above 40 for one week solid....

But I digress...on to the good stuff.

Today I thought I would post the pictures of the Christmas gifts I gave out this year. Since I didn't have my blog then, it seemed like a good lazy way to still post to my blog....hehe.

For gifts this year I made everyone a pretty jar of homemade hot chocolate and used my Cricut to make gift tags for them all. I figured this would save me some money and put a little heart in my gift. Alas, I think I spent more making hot chocolate than I would have on gifts by the time I bought all the ingredients for HUGE batches of hot chocolate (BTW, did you know how much DRIED milk costs?? Outrageous!)

 

 



I picked up these great fliptop jars at Dollar Tree. They had a good seal and wouldn't flip open easily and had several cute designs. I got the chocolate dipped Peppermint stir sticks at Aldi's for a great price. Then I used pretty curling ribbon and attached my tags that were cut on Best Occasions cardstock from Wal- Mart using the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge and my Expression. 

 

 



Let me know if you want me to post my hot chocolate recipe so you can make some yourself!! Much better than the store bought packages with a three month shelf life!

Be sure to leave a comment and click the link on the left to follow my blog!!

Thanks for looking everyone and have a great day!!


Brandi







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments on my designs!!! I read each and every one and it is so nice to have all those comments to read!